"The solution is to be found through the sanctification of the parents. Become saints and you will have no problems with your children." Father Porphyrios , Wounded By Love

Search for a Lesson Here by Keyword

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Illumination for Our Candidates


Although I've been tuned into the Presidential Election & Debates, as most of you probably have been, it dawned on me, that I haven't committed time to actually praying about our situation. Why, I asked myself, when everything else is deemed worthy of our prayers? Maybe I had excluded politics in my prayers. Maybe I expected our Church to endorse a side and therefore make my job easier. Maybe I looked for a person, a.k.a. a candidate, to show me the way....when in reality I abandoned the opportunity to cooperate with God directly about it.

Prayer is us working with God, for what He wants, rather than what we want. This is the harmony we've gotten so far from in our world, and until we get back to, the end will continue approaching. Thankfully, the Orthodox Church accepts this responsibility, collectively, for our world with reverence while praying for the sanctification of it in every Divine Liturgy. But I've got to contribute on a personal level also!

Imagine if as families, we did our part, to be the small "ekklesia" (church) in our homes, praying for the bigger world we live in.

For Our President and Other World Leaders

"Holy God, in all humility we pray to you who are the source of wisdom, bless and grant perfect health of mind and body to our President (future President), our Governors and all the loyal leaders in our world. Direct their thoughts, Lord, in the way of Truth, that they may enact, order, and enforce those things that are pleasing to You, those things that are pure, those things that are just, tending toward all excellence and virtue. Enlighten them to govern and to lead all people in the ways of Your righteousness, + for you are holy, now, and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've had those moments as well. I pray to God that the nation elects the right person for the job, whoever that person is. Most days, I have no idea who the right person is - if he is, in fact, running for office at all.

Unfortunately, all I can see is the wrong choice. How can one make a right choice between two wrong candidates? Can we feel as if we are right with God when we choose the lesser of two evils?

(I know there are third party candidates, one of which I intend to vote for, but most people don't give them the time of day, so it's really a two man race)

More prayers - for guidance in voting for the right person to serve our country as President, and for the country to do the same.

Search For a Lesson

Related Posts with Thumbnails